Saturday, February 11, 2012

Try This For Valentine's Day...


Is it just me, or did 2012 start fast & furious? I mean, I didn't even get to wish you all a proper Happy New Year before January escaped me & we are facing Valentine's Day! And now that holiday travel is but a happy memory, the Christmas decorations are tucked away, the kiddos are full-swing back in school, our new floors are beautifully installed & I am getting an idea how I am possibly going to be President of National Charity League of Ventura County, I am also taking those pesky New Year's Resolutions off the back burner and into the frying pan! Actually, I prefer not to think of them as Official Resolutions in any shape or form, but moreover as Life Intentions and things I'd just love to be, even just a little bit...

True life is lived when tiny changes occur.
-Leo Tolstoy

New Year, New You...
A lot of people begin the New Year by making resolutions. We start the year with great intentions, but then we quickly relapse into old habits. Why is it so hard to stick to those New Year’s resolutions?
Here are some ways you can make your intentions a reality this year:
1.     Write down your intentions and keep them in a visible place
2.     Get to the source of whatever is keeping you in a rut.
3.     Be clear about what your life would look like once you achieve your goal.
4.     Share your resolutions with friends and family. .
5.     Reward yourself with every little accomplishment.

*Here's a super simple little recipe your tummy will love too...

Lori's Hot Bowl:
We were looking for a quick, easy lunch this Saturday afternoon & this is a picture of what we ending up having. It is a yummy mix of things I found in my frigo; I bet you have many of these things too, so give it a try & give it your own twist...A scoop each of quinoa, black beans, grilled chicken breast, sauteed veggies & mango salsa. Sprinkled with toasted sesame oil & Braggs Amino Acids.
Happy 2012 & Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Be sure to laugh a lot, give warm hugs & love yourself more!

No comments:

Post a Comment